A Note:

6/2/13

I once told myself: IF I am accepted into grad school, this blog would no longer be updated. As it turns out, in April, I received news of my acceptance for the Fall 2013 semester, where I will attain a Master's degree of Science in Nutrition.

Running a blog, as many of you may already know, is a demanding side job once the excitement wears off. And once I fell out of the blogging community's loop (have you SEEN how many blogs there are now? Wow!), it was like the kiss of death. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get into a blogging routine once this happened due to the disconnect I felt from the community.

So I took a break. I struggled with the loss and with missing my blog. And then I realized I didn't have to run Book Faery to still be a book reviewer; I could read my books and post reviews online. I'm still a book review blogger, just not in the traditional sense.

I'll still be online. You can chat with me on Twitter, where I'll be posting links to my reviews and talking books. I'll also be posting links to nutrition articles. And if you'd like to connect with me where I guarantee I will post reviews, just add me as a friend on Goodreads.

So that's all, folks! It's been a fun and amazing journey, and I thank you all for listening to my thoughts about books. I hope we all can keep in touch elsewhere :)

Tori

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Awards! (2)

I've received two awards this week!  This is so exciting!!

7 things about myself:
1.  I love to write, and hope to become an established author someday.
2.  After getting my BA, I want to either work at a publishing company, or become a high school English teacher.
3.  I have a puppy that is less than a year old who gives new meaning to the name 'Demon Spawn' and 'crotch biter'.  He also is a typical male and is a panty thief....
4.  I love playing video games.  I'm currently playing Aion.
5.  I also want to go to culinary or pastry school.  Cooking/baking are two of my other passions.
6.  I got the nickname Ice Princess because my hands and feet are always so cold during the winter.  Stupid bad circulation!
7.  I wish I had a beta reader or someone who was genuinely interested with my book ideas and who would actually want to help give me constructive criticism.  My friends fail at it.  I don't think they take me seriously about the whole goal to publish a book someday.

If you received an award for your blog:
  • Accept the reward, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
  • Pass the award to other blogs that you've newly discovered.
  • Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know that they have received the award.
  • Don't forget to write 7 things about you in your post!
  

Major thanks to Demon Lover's Book Reviews & More! for awarding [Book Faery] with the Beautiful Blogger Award!

My Winners:
1.  Book Addict
2.  Book Lovers Delight



And thanks to Bitten by Paranormal Romance for the Sexy Blogger Award!

My Winners:
1. Ramblings on Romance Etcetera, Etcetera
2.  Mindful Musings



Thank you for being so kind!  It really means a lot that people enjoy my blog :)

PS. I finished Shiver and am in the process of writing a review for it now.  Woo!!!

4 comments: